FINISHED PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
Name of Product : SODIUM CARBONATE (Anhydrous)
Chemical Formula : Na2CO3 Effective Date : 30/11/2016
Molecular Weight : 105.99 g/mol Retest Date : After 1 Year
CAS No. : 497-19-8 Master Copy : Quality Control
Specification : Confirmed as IP
Product Code : FP024004
HSN Code : 28362090
Department : Quality Control Page No. : 01 of 01
NO. TEST SPECIFICATION
1. DESCRIPTION White or almost white, slightly granular powder, hygroscopic
2. SOLUBILITY Freely soluble in water, practically insoluble in ethanol (95%).
A) By Chemical A) The solution is strongly alkaline
B) The reaction A of
The reaction of âSodium
B) A white precipitate is formed that dissolves on addition of an
excess of hydrochloric acid
A white precipitate is formed.
4. Appearance of solution The solution is clear and not more intensely coloured than
reference solution YS6
5. Alkali hydroxides and
The solution does not become red after addition of
phenolphthalein. Boil the remainder of the filtrate for 2 min.
The solution remains clear.
6. Heavy metals Max.0.005%
7. Chloride Max.0.0125%
8. Iron Max.0.005%
9. Sulphate Max.0.025%
10. Loss on drying Not more than 1.0 % w/w at 300Â°
11. Assay (By Titrimetry) 99.5 % w/w to 100.5% w/w of Na2CO3 on dried basis.
Storage : Hygroscopic. Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well ventilated area.